AND I OWE IT ALL TO YOU

Prom was wonderful. I almost have no reason to elaborate, it was better than I could have expected.

I had spent the days leading up to prom stressing about my dress being too 'prommy' and how I would have my hair. You know, the usual. I bought my dress from ASOS, but the brand was Chi Chi London. They have so many beautiful prom dresses, and they are all in different. Once the dress had been altered at my local tailor's, it was even better.
Unfortunately, stupid me forgot to take a photo of myself or rather someone take a full length one of me in my dress... So here's an excuse to post some pictures of my boyfriend and I before we headed off to prom.



I am not one to regularly use YouTube videos for hair and makeup tutorials but when it comes to an event or occasion I often do. And last night, it turned our to be rather successful.

I knew I wanted my hair half up half down at least, and with it being short I knew any "style" would be rather limited. Thanks to my darling little sister I have discovered the wonders of coconut oil. Just put it on your hair (we heat it up so it's more like an oil rather than a white conditioner-looking paste) and leave it on for about three hours or so. As I've learnt you really have to wash it off well, or you end up with your hair...let's just say, not how you would want it.
This is the tutorial I followed, I went for the last style of the three (with added twists from my little sister). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nqHF7xGAUs



For my makeup I had no clue how I wanted it. Except that I had bought a gorgeous deep pink lipstick, from No7 would you believe, and I wanted to wear it. In fact, practically all of my makeup is No7. I really don't believe that your makeup has to be expensive for it to look expensive, although if I could get my hands on a Naked palette I would.
From this video I've realised how much easier it is to do your eye makeup first, especially as it meant I didn't have any excess eyeshadow under my eyes. I don't have all the MAC makeup she uses in this video so I just similar colours of what I already have. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doVsFMGFsE0 
The result:



Having had our Year 11 prom two years ago, I had some jewellery fit for this time's prom. I had completely forgotten all about the jewelled headband and long drop earrings that my gran had bought me. I woke up in the middle of the night last week because I had remembered and ransacked my wardrobe at two in the morning to find them...which was successful! In Debenhams I found the same shape diamonds in a necklace and bracelet and got them both for under £20, result. 
However, in the end I decided it was all too much so opted for the earrings, bracelet and headband (still sounds a lot I know) but wore my Swarovski dragonfly necklace that Josh bought me for my 17th birthday last year. I looked a lot less sparkly/blingy and felt a lot more comfortable.

My bag is Primark would you believe! While on the prom accessories hunt that my mum and I carried out on Sunday in the Trafford Centre, we laid eyes on the beauty in Primark, Selfridges. I find it so quirky and thought it would be a great contrast against my blue dress. The orange flower on the bag was the reason I put the orange flower in my hair, and why I painted both sets of nails orange.



Marks and Spencer came through with my shoes. I believe £25 is practically a bargain for a pair of suede and leather heels that one, you can walk in, two, are comfortable, and three, look gorgeous. 



Here are some photos from the night:


Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment