CYCLE 2 RECYCLE: CHILDHOOD MEMORIES

After I wrote my post on Patricia Nicolas (which she retweeted EEK and liked on Instagram double EEK), I went on a search for other quirky jewellery designers. I did a post a few months back on 'bassylovesbetsy', 'Regal Rose' and 'Magpie's Next' so I knew the talent out there for jewellery creating.


I came across Sophie Cochevelou on Instagram and practically stalked her profile before asking if I could write a blog post on her work. She said yes! *party emoji*. So may I introduce Miss Cochevelou into your world...

Describing herself as "freshly graduated" makes the designer even more appealing. She's new and current. We have that culture nowadays of always needing new stuff but for jewellery its all about reinvention and reworking; something with Sophie excels at. She calls it 'cycling and recycling'. 

It helps that Sophie is also French born...as a lover of all things French. She recently graduated from Central Saint Martins (the dream.) and currently resides in London, perhaps the best city to share her quirky designs with. I can imagine she fits in on Brick Lane perfectly. 

Her blog 'Cycle in Heels' (http://cycleinheels.blogspot.co.uk/) is the BEST. 
This is how she describes her style on her blog: "I'm from Paris but I don't have at all the elegant minimalistic French style, I'm more attracted by bright colours, mismatch prints, shiny materials, over the top dresses. I try to build clothes with material which are not fabric, crossing boundaries of the costume experiment. I think that any object from everyday life can become a fashion accessory. Anything can be stitched on to clothes." I love that she boldly steps out from the ritual 'fashion' and is herself. It's something that makes her work inspirational. 

In all honesty I would say some of her designs are creepy, for example the dolls' heads pieces. However, I still love them and its something I've not seen done before. Mixing the elements of costume design with her extraordinaire technique makes Sophie Cochevelou someone to watch. I wish her all the success and rewards as she excels in the future. 

My favourite pieces are the dinosaur ones, particularly the 'dinosaur toys' necklace!! I also love the 'circusy elephants' earrings, so beautiful!

So, here are just some of her inventive designs:

safari necklace with blue metallic chainmermaid tails necklace with gemstonesoriental inspired barbie eyes and mouth necklacegiraffe earrings with gemstonesred dinosaurs earrings with gemstonescircusy elephants earringsmoshi monsters & 90s dummi kawai necklaceYellow fluo colour block plexiglass Lego braceletblue platform shoes barbie legs earringsdinosaurs toys necklace,colourful comb & brushes barbie necklacebarbie brush and mirror earrings"Close encounter with the third kind" ringcolourful rhinestones 4 finger ring with a handcolourful oriental inspired hands earrings, perfect for the summerLego plexiglass design necklace, colourful bricks transparentpink girly barbie head necklace with gemstones headpieceLego necklace small bricks urban style colourfulfive fingers barbie rings with 2 handsdinosaurs evolution braceletbarbie hands earrings with blue beads and fatima hand

You can find more on: http://sophiecochevelou.tictail.com/

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment