AUTUMN WINTER MAGPIES

Hello again, feel's like it's been a long time! I hope you enjoy this post, and it helps you to get over the "nearly the end of summer' blues. It's all about embracing the change between Summer and Autumn; keeping you looking cool, but cosy'n'warm (how cheesy of me). 

SNEAK PEEK: 
Everything folk is on trend for Autumn, which makes me happy because I have two pieces that perfectly fit the trend! Autumn is my favourite season because you can layer, but you can still wear pretty dresses! And, it is the dresses that are the most important this season. Floral dresses always tick fashion boxes, but they do even more in Autumn, when the prints are leafy and in rich, earthy tones. British Vogue have been referring to AW15 as the season of indulgence; so beautiful embroidery in jewel tones looks decadent yet elegant.


TRENDS WITHIN THE  TREND:

All the way to the floor
Channel Florence Welch in a floor length floaty dress, in any neutral or brown shade. 

British Vogue's Kate Phelan, (Senior Contributing Fashion Editor), describes this AW winter trend:"A move away from heavy shapes brings the body back into play, with fashion that glides over the silhouette." That sounds ever so Coco Chanel - my friend Megan would love it.
When you were little, there was nothing quite like wrapping up in the material that your mum or grandma was about to make into a dress. Embracing that childhood pleasure is something to cast your mind to. 

Decadence
There are lots of television programmes showing decadent fashion at the moment; Virginia Wolf's Bloomsbury Group on BBC Two, The Scandalous Lady W (also BBC Two). These dramas, as I quickly learned, aren't for the fainthearted - particularly the latter, as it has been described in BBC's little write up below as "true". The fashion however, even from the trailers, reminds me of all that I learned while studying for my Extended Project Qualification. But, let's take inspiration from the clothes and the way they dress, rather than the lifestyle... 
Now, as this season is moving away from the big shapes, it's the colours and the embroidery that I'm falling for. During one scene, both Lady W and Richard can be seen wearing deep green; presumably the costume designers were portraying Autumn. Now, green is one of my favourite colours; it does everything and it goes with everything. It can lift your mood, make you feel good; but soften your mood and keep you calm at the same time. 

Pussy-bow blouses
For a long time I really detested these shirts, they were a bit too full on. However, I think once you start to use them in layering they can look really great. I bought one at the same time as I bought the dress above. Also Peacocks, the shirt really stood out for me. It's such a difficult colour to describe, but it goes perfectly with any colour denim jeans. Look to Prada, Dior and Gucci for how to get the preppy style (you got it, future post). 

Oh Ye Of Old
Perhaps one of my favourite trends is back! "Folk" fills me with excitement; just thinking about fair-isle knits and chunky boots makes me wish I lived somewhere cold all the time. Both my mum and I, love the "autumn/winter" boots shop! - there's nothing better. 

Here's a selection of my favourite folk dresses, featured on: http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/trends/2015-16-autumn-winter/autumn-long-dress-and-skirts-lengths-trend 


How I wore the trends:
Apparently, "seventies fringing" is out of fashion for this coming season; but this little suede number isn't going anywhere. My dress is from Peacocks (£18 - I think), but I bought it while on holiday in the Isle of Wight. I love the shape of the hemline on this dress, it's flattering in the right places. Although sheer dress and shirts etc, can be such a pain at time; this works with a camisole underneath or a long-sleeved shirt - however you choose to wear it works. 


      



I hope you enjoyed this post; I have many more to come!

You can keep updated with my little life "escapades" on @ku_layrosas on Instagram.

Love x

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment