Miss Vogue: Issue 3

I can't believe it's only the third issue of Miss Vogue. 


I don't read Teen Vogue, as I prefer Vogue and the escapism to my dreams that it provides me with. But Miss Vogue is perfect. Aimed at the younger audience of Vogue, and those young people with obviously lower budgets (even though some items pictured are still rather expensive), Miss Vogue provides a fun, youthful version without being too patronising nor childish. 

From this the third issue, I love that they've got the best young people in the fashion world into it. Those being Suki Waterhouse, Kylie Jenner, Malaika Firth amongst countless others. 

My favourite features are...
'Wish you were her' focused on the style of the "twin fashion faces" that are Ruth and May Bell. These two identical twins who won the Elite Model Look 2013 competition which kickstarted their modelling careers. The identicals say their style is "laid-back and chilled" using "slouchy jumpers and ripped jeans" as examples. Their look is oh so now, I see more and more girls going for the undone, "I just woke up look" than ever before. Ruth and May, who are 18, get their empowerment from Iman and style inspiration from Iggy Azelea in Fancy, bringing Clueless tartan back. 

I adore the 'Miss Vogue's Cheat Sheet". Full of fashion and style hacks, we are able to "fake a fashion insider's new-season knowhow. Featured are: slouchy cricket jumpers; Fair Isle sweaters under shiny minidresses; bubblegum-toned rainwear; silky sportswear; side partings; knee boots and skinny scarves. 

The hair-spiration mood board is featuring mostly long bobs. Yay for the likes of moi. Around three weeks ago I got my hair cut short again, just touching my shoulders. And here I am looking at the gorgeous Alexa Chung with a similar length. I have found the length so versatile. I can still put it up in interesting, quirky ways; I can straighten it and look polished; I can curl it and look like I'm going out for the night; and I can look like I've just rolled out of bed but still look half-decent. This bed-head style is deemed most "alluring" by Miss Vogue. I went for a slight side fringe with mine, I couldn't hack the effort of a full fringe again. When she talks of uploading selfies on Instagram and Twitter, she sounds like any usual teenage girl - defensive of why they posted the selfie. "I just take them when I get my hair and make-up done...I guess it's just when you're feeling yourself." 

So happy that blue eyeliner is featured in the 'Total STYLE' edit. I mistakenly chose a Glamour mag (I think anyway, could've been Company) with blue instead of black. But now I will wear it with pride, knowing that at least to Miss Vogue readers, it's in. 
With a high neckline it's suggested that you bring your eyeliner down - under the outer corners of your eyes, rather than the upper outer ones. I may try this tomorrow for sixth form, or at the weekend, to avoid looking hilariously stupid and panda-eyed. 

Loving the Notebook too. The rucksack by Aspinal of London (£695) jumped out at me first. How could it not? It's cheeky and childish but sophisticated and preppy at the same time. 

Khaki green is my all time favourite colour of fashion. Without anything else, it cold be deemed a little brand and army like but it still remains my favourite. What's the point of wearing khaki if you're not going to use it to follow the army-style trend. 
An oversized khaki shirt over a slouchy orange turtleneck, tucked into skinny rolled up black jeans and biker boots is one perfect outfit.
Then think, vinyl leggings, cream turtleneck, knee-length khaki coat with big pockets starting from the side of the bust to under the arm ever so slightly. Love. 

If you can class the Jenner sister's as Kardashians then Kylie is my favourite. She may not have Kendall's model proportions and cheekbones; but who needs it when you're a curvaceous 17year old with a strong jawline and big brown eyes. While Kendall, to me, is rather endearing and sweet looking almost, Kylie is the opposite. Her style is described by Miss Vogue as "vintage/rocker style". She's my main style inspiration; the short hair, the style, the dip dyes and the extensive use of mascara and lipstick at just 17. Kylie reminds me of how I am with jewellery, "more the merrier" she says to her interviewer. She is standing out from the "Kardashian pack" just like Kendall, who wants to be known just by Kendall. Love how she watches The Vampire a Diaries too, an enjoys making banana pancakes on what she calls "chill nights". Sounds perfect.  

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment