Outfit inspiration



I have taken this week's outfit inspiration from the lovely tumblr.

Its Autumn yes; but Winter winds are already setting in.

I wish I was American at this time of the year. I'm not only taking my inspiration from Tumblr but also from the Mary-Kate and Ashley film 'Getting There'. In the film, the girls eventually end up in Utah for the Winter Games. Dressed in Chanel ski-wear they hit the slopes; then sit around the fire with friends. Throughout the film, the twins outfits are effortlessly chic but so normal American girl at the same time. For this outfit, I'm channeling the sitting around the fire, popping out to the shops or pub in Utah look.


Keep cosy and warm in a pastel cable knit, over a black cami; you can always take the knit off if you're too hot, or if the room is nice and warm.

Pair them with ripped, pale denim jeans (see a previous blog post on the beauties). Go for a pair that are slouchy and comfortable but still ooze a minute amount of sophistication and a whole lot of a girl-next-door vibe.

The wellington-Chelsea-boot hybrid, a la MBMJ, in a similar pastel colour to your knit or a jet black for contrast, keeps the outfit surprisingly feminine and chic, but on the other hand, toughens it up.

Black and silver jewellery should adorn the ears and fingers; makeup neutral and natural.

Hair would look great in a messy plait or bun if long; if short, down and teased a little would keep the cute, "I've just been skiing and taken my helmet off" factor.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment