Manchester

So yesterday, my best friend of all time, Jennifer, and I ventured into Manchester for some serious shopping. However, I started off the day by having the most delicious drink from Starbucks in my town, Bolton. I highly recommend the Orange Hot Chocolate, and you should consider sitting in and getting it in a mug with cream and chocolate sauce on top. Pure heaven.

Both feeling rather overdressed for sale shopping we got on the train for Salford Central. Jennifer was wearing a Forever21 striped jumper, black skater skirt, tights, ballerina pumps, her gorgeous Redherring white coat with leather sleeves and a colourful tartan Accessorize scarf. While I was wearing black leggings, a blue printed Matalan shirt, chunky gold necklace, vintage shearling coat that belonged to my grandma and my new wedge boots. (The boots I must add, turned out to be the worst decision of the day.)

Jennifer and I walked up from Salford Central Station to Deansgate and passed the dreamy jewellery shops. While heading for Jack Wills and Cath Kidston, I couldn't help but stop outside of Hermés to admire the two beautiful scarves on display. The same ethnic pattern but in different colours. So beautiful and mesmerizing. As we climbed the steps up to JW, I marveled at the townhouse so cleverly turned into a shop. Every section of the ladies department was lovely, we spent the most time in bedwear, deciding on nail varnish and what makeup bags we liked. I came away with a pink one, so gorgeous, as well as a mirror with a bird in a top hat on.

Next we headed across town to Debenhams so that Jennifer could buy some Bare Minerals makeup to add to her Christmas present. The makeup artist did her makeup, primer and foundation, leaving me sat in a comfortable chair admiring the sale items. When she had finished, we went over to Benefit, both buying the 'They're real' mascara which, in my opinion, is truly the best mascara out there. Just wish it was waterproof. And less than £19.50; that purchase sure did hurt my purse.

Another makeup shop was needed so off to MAC in Selfridges we went, in need of lipsticks. I chose Captive, a darky berry coloured one that I've had my eye on for over a month now; and Jennifer chose more of an everyday one, still gorgeous, called Pink Plaid. She also bought a concealer which looked great along with the previously applied Bare Minerals makeup.

Then it was time for the most heavenly place, Topshop. By this time it was more like a chaotic zoo, the upstairs sale section was like a fight scene. But , that's my kind of fun. I found the leather skirt, faux leather of course, that I'd been lusting over on the website the night before in the skirt section and Jennifer had picked out some tops, in particular, a lovely candy pink shell top. NYE in mind. We both came away with the mentioned items and then I followed Jennifer to Accessorize in pursuit of a necklace. She went for a turquoise and gold one in the end, to fashionably clash with her new pink shirt.

There is so much more of our day that I can comment on, but by then, we'd all spent up. Well that's what we thought. "Ted Baker" were two words that Jennifer's mum probably didn't want to hear. She bought the most beautiful monochrome bag (pictured) that was £104 in the sale, pretty good for such a beauty. I think she regretted it at first but after a lot of reassurance from me, she was satisfied with her purchase.

It really was a great day out, so nice to spend so much time with my best friend as I'm not with her everyday anymore because we go to different colleges. Safe to say I don't need any more clothes or makeup for a while. And neither does she.










Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment