January Inspiration and February ELLE

It's only three days in the first month of 2014 but I have been inspired for this year already. In particular by the February issue of ELLE which stars model Cameron Russell and features the all important Spring/Summer Trend Report.
I commend the article on whether there is a need to rebrand feminism. I think feminism needs rebranding in the sense of how feminists are portrayed. We are not all lesbians who think we are superior to men. In fact, the definition of feminist is: "A person who believes in the social, political and economic equality of the sexes." In no part of the definition is superiority implied or homosexuality. So why has society portrayed feminists in this way?
The trend report is by far my favourite section of ELLE magazine this month. I am excited that fashion is becoming more art based with inspirational catwalks dreamt up solely by designers such as Karl Lagerfeld, fashion needs to go back to its artistic roots and have more soul. Pretty and empowerment oppose each other this spring/summer but pretty takes more of my fancy with pastel purples and soft blues being given a "kickass twist".
However, I adore the article: 'How to style...S/S 2014's Bold Lips'. This is my kind of article. I have purchased two MAC lipsticks in the past three months, one a coral colour called Costa Chic and the other a deep berry called Captive. Two both totally opposing shades but still equally bold. I discovered a raspberry pink colour in my makeup draw the other day, I've been searching for it for weeks, and with all three of these lipsticks I will be applying Gucci Westman's rules.

Here are a few pictures that have inspired me this early on this year:


 
 



Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment