SALUTE TO BRETON

Who doesn't love a bit of Breton? It's impossible to deny yourself a striped t-shirt in my opinion. But with so many different variations of the classic Breton stripe, what do you go for?

It has taken me ages to find a stripy t-shirt that I actually like, and that I think will actually flatter me. So, when I came across a two-pack on ASOS that I loved...how could I resist?! One is white with navy stripes, and the other navy with white stripes.

When they arrived in the post and I opened them I was, surprisingly, a little disappointed at first. They are so much longer than I was expecting! However, I've grown very quickly to love the length as they're long enough to wear with just leggings around my university townhouse when I'm having one of those "icky" days. Plus I love how their slightly oversized and so look much more relaxed and are genuinely comfy to wear. My favourite thing about the tees are their sleeves. The whole tee is cut right so although its baggy, it doesn't hang awkwardly off your shoulder or bunch up under a leather jacket (which ALWAYS happens to me).

If you follow me on Instagram then you may have seen the pouty pictures of me in both tshirts with two different statement necklaces on. If not, here you go:




Wearing a striped t-shirt is an effortless look. My favourite way to wear them is with some boyfriend-cut ripped jeans, converse, a statement necklace and a gillet. It sounds complicated but it is actually really easy to piece together.

I thoroughly agree with StyleCaster on this: "As far as basics go, the Breton striped shirt is as necessary as a black blazer or a pair of dark-wash skinny jeans, and like those staples, the allure of the breton stripe shirt lies in its versatility". ( http://stylecaster.com/breton-stripe/). Eee, how could you say no?!






It would be lovely if you let me know what you think of this post below! And if you have any suggestions for future posts go ahead, I'd love to hear them and be inspired.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment