CANNES I?

I wouldn't be a fashion blogger if I didn't write about the amazing looks at Cannes this year. Now the film festival is over, it's time to have a look at what beautiful creations were worn on the red carpet of the gorgeous French city.


Firstly, Kendall Jenner in Azzedine Alaïa. I love this look because it's youthful and so kendall. She doesn't look like she's trying to be something she's not, yet it flatters her slim-lined body/

In Alaïa with Chopard jewelry.

Okay, so I don't know who this woman actually is other than her name is Imogen Waterhouse but this Christian Dior dress is a simplistic masterpiece made for a body like hers. I love how she's not paired it with a heck of a lot of jewellery and kept to some earrings and a bold orange lip, contrasting perfectly with the blue of the dress.
In Christian Dior.

Man crush alert. Ian Somerhalder is perhaps the most sexy man on the planet, but then...look at his wife Nikki Reed *love heart eyes emojis x10000000*. The pair not only look good together, they scrub up good too. Reed's blue dress compliments her slightly olive complexion and the embroidery on the left bust of the dress looks beautiful through the camera lens. I can imagine it's even more stunning up close in real life.

In Azzaro Couture.

Karlie Kloss stuns in the Louis Vuitton dress. Yet another woman, or should I say supermodel, who knows what works for her slim elongated body shape. Those side splits show off her dreamy, incredible legs.



Again, another woman I hadn't heard of...Izabel Goulart, who I have now learnt is a Victoria Secret model. However, this is perhaps one of my favourite designer dresses ever. There's not much more to be said except, give me that figure please.



Joan Smalls is one of those models that I have never one hundred percent taken to. But if she is good enough for the top designers and good enough to star in Beyonce's Yonce music video, then she'[s good enough for me. And I can't deny, I would kill for those arms let alone those cheekbones. She looks beautiful in this outfit which I'm not sure is a two piece or what. It looks like something from Victoria's Secret yet red carpet worthy.



This silky Christian Dior dress in a shade lighter than baby pink looks heavenly on Chanel Iman. It perfect offsets her darker skintone.

In Christian Dior.

To be honest, I am not a big fan of Natalie Portman's acting work...however, I have not seen Black Swan. This turquoise Lanvin dress looks just exquisite on her petite frame and the slicked back hair and drop earrings are perfect simplistic accomplices.

In Lanvin.

I am not going to lie, this is one of those dresses I would love to put on a sit down with it all fluffed up around me. I wouldn't care if it looked terrible or not, I would be cosy. Araya Hargate's seemingly petite frame carries this nude Ashi Studio dress well, and the red nails and red lip contrast wondefully.

In Ashi Studio.

Peter Pilotto is a designer I never really mention but I love the patterns that he designs and applies to his work. This dress in particular is so quirky and Emily Blunt looks so sweet and pretty in it. It's a dress I can also imagine the likes of Cara Delevingne and her elder sister Poppy as well as Jourdan Dunn pulling off. Simply gorgeous.

In Peter Pilotto.

I have no idea whose this dress is but Virginie Ledoyen appears elegant and chic, totally Cannes appropriate for a daytime on the French Riviera.



Again, I'm not sure of the designer. Perhaps it is Calvin Klein but I am not one to guess. The sweet lemony tones highlight the lovely figure and hair of Harley Viera-Newton.



This is definitely another of my favourite Cannes looks. The more simple the better and on the petite frame of Weronika Zalazinska the dress makes her radiate like a pretty little sun beam.



Parker Posey gets it so right in this outfit. I love stripes for summer and she's perfectly debuted how to style the trend: double them up. Adding a big black hat sets the look off adding edge and chicness.



Now for the red carpet queen that is Lupita Nyong'o. This flowy turquoise green Gucci Premiere dress is so beautiful. The low V-neck gives her curves and the floral appliqued shoulders add even more beauty.

In Gucci Première with Chopard jewelry.

I can't even quite explain why I love this Valentino dress that Sienna Miller wore on the red carpet. I'll leave it there as these emotions towards the dress cannot be expressed. asdfghjkl.

in Valentino

This Schiaparelli Couture ensemble that Melissa George sported is so chic. I love the coat, I would love to wear that in the evenings in Paris, okay I'm dreaming.

In Schiaparelli Couture.

Again, Sienna Miller stuns in this Gucci piece.

Cannes Film Festival 2015

And here we see Kendall Jenner looking so grown up with her hair half up half down, rings on her fingers and wearing a purple Calvin Klein collection dress.

Cannes Film Festival 2015

Slightly revealing (only slightly of course) but Gigi Hadid oozes confidence in this Tom Ford dress. I would say someone with a figure like Kim Kardashian would be much more suited to this dress, perhaps because of the cleavage element. However, the pale beauty's natural makeup keeps the dressing looking like she is made to be wearing it.

Cannes Film Festival 2015

Wowza, Jourdan Dunn looks so slender in this Vera Wang dress! But, she never fails to look gorgeous. I love this long blow dried bob she is currently sporting and the colour of her dress is so beautiful. The shape and cut of the dress add to her slim curves. A true beauty. Who said models weren't beautiful.

Cannes Film Festival 2015

Chanel, Chanel, Chanel. Finally some Chanel. Diane Kruger never fails to exceed the fashion pack. This small ensemble makes her look cute and youthful while showing off some slender yet toned legs. Definitely my third favourite Cannes look.

Cannes Film Festival 2015

Joan Smalls smolders in this Givenchy dress. There's no more to be said.

Cannes Film Festival 2015

Another perfect example of how to wear stripes this summer shown to us by Marion Cotillard.

Marion Cotillard in Uylana Sergeenko

This Fendi piece that Mina Cvetovic wears is perfect is you have cash to splash this summer. The colours are so retro yet so futuristic and playful. And Lagerfeld has cleverly incorporated the stripes trend.

Mina Cvetovic in Fendi



Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment