Countdown to Paris - Outfit Planning

Over the weekend and throughout this week I've been planning outfits for long weekend away to Paris. I seriously cannot wait for this impending trip. By impending I mean three, just THREE, days. 


When I was a little girl I used to dream of Paris, and that remains. Now my childhood dreams will be a reality. Okay, that sounds unbelievably cheesy but I'm just going to roll with it.

I am sat here as usual when writing a blog post with Instagram, Pinterest, my favourite blogs, favourite Tumblr accounts, two most recent Vogue's and ST Style magazines open in front of me. Yet I find myself feeling so unprepared. It's Paris after all, one of the three fashion capitals. 

After constant reblogging on Tumblr and pinning on Pinterest, I have found myself feeling a little calmer. 

A cosy but chic jumper is going to be an essential. I saw one in George at Asda last week and my mum wouldn't let me buy it and I am now gutted. It was mainly grey with sections of white and pink on the front. I may see if I can order It online, even though I know it won't come on time. My mum has vowed to find it (lol she's actually rather cute) so I can take it with me. 
I also love some of the jumpers I've seen on Polyvore tonight. I still do not own a black jumper, it will be my next investment piece as winter is fast approaching. 


Wrap type skirts are my favourite, particularly ones with zips down the front. I own a creamy beige almost nude Topshop leather one (£15 in the sale, but a while ago) and a navy pinstripe one from H&M with a silver diagonal zip at the front. The latter is rather fitted and short due to the shape of the skirt but when paired with a jumper or a black top it can look classy. The Topshop one I did not wear for agessss, because I had nothing to go with it. But then I start mixing things with it more recently and have found many different looks. This is a Paris must. 

I reallyyyyy want to take my kimono with me but then again, the weather good be an issue. Paris still looks beautiful when it rains, but I don't and neither does my hair no clothes. The floral pattern is rather grungy but the tassels keep its hotlines and with other items it could be layered to make a lovely Paris outfit. 

I've no idea on a coat. I wanted to wear my shearling but it's slightly too small I know I'll just be far too uncomfortable in it. Then I have my everyday colourless khaki Zara one but like I said, it's my everyday one. Then I have a brand new pink mac style but in cotton from Zara. It's very "glamorous" as my mum says, so maybe this could be the one. I wish I had a proper cute mac like this green one below. It's lovely and preppy but functional too. 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment