Reflection to Revamp

I am at that usual point in the year where I need, or at least I feel I need, a whole new wardrobe. It needs a revamp, a bit of an injection. Even if I don't replenish everything, it needs change. It is safe to say that I've hit that point of not enjoying my clothes because I'm bored of them. The fact is my wardrobe just does not reflect me anymore, I don't know if it really ever has done. My aim this year, I have done well so far in January, is to buy items that will last and are more how I want to dress, the style that I've never really let myself take on before.

It has been forever since I've had a proper shopping trip, hence my obsessive use of Polyvore in the attempt to stimulate outfit ideas. But, although enjoyable, this has had the reverse effect of making me desperate for new clothes. And I have three Topshop vouchers that have been patiently waiting to be spent since Christmas.

My boyfriend and I's Valentine's Day trip to Manchester for a meal is a perfect excuse to hit Topshop. I am praying that the gillet I have wanted since before I went to Download Festival last year will still be available in my size when we go. The £60 to £15 reduction is just too tempting an offer.
I'm also 'on the hunt' for a pinafore. I have a denim one already and I absolutely adore it. I remain adamant that I look (and feel) like a three year old wearing it, although the compliments about it still make me want to wear it. And when I say "Asda" people seem to love it even more. But anyway, I am looking for a patterned one, preferably some kind of floral design that I can dress up and down. I have seen two on the Topshop website, one I think is MotelRocks.

Another matter, which I discussed today with my friend Mia, was of stripey tops. I always see ones I love on other people, but when I go in search of one I can never find one. I know Zara do nice ones but +£20 for a pretty simple t-shirt? No, thanks.
We also talked about the likes of American Apparel. I desire some of their clothes but at the same time I'm not a massive fan. Plus, the fact that the clothes only look decent if you're like model size is off putting. However, the scrunchies and nail varnish are to die for.

Online shopping does not fill a single crave. I ordered a dress from Missguided towards the end of last week (mixed reviews on that one) and yes, I did get excited when my package came, but it's not the same as walking past clothes and seeing them in the flesh. Online lengths are deceiving in particular, something I struggle with every time.

Hopefully my date turned shopping trip will turn out the way I want it to and I will be able to post about my buys. If not, I'm sure I will post about my disappointment anyway.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment